terça-feira, 13 de janeiro de 2015

Friendship

Distance takes everything away
It’s just useless to fight, it is a big bust
It’s inevitable, only your shadow will remain
All you knew suddenly become memories in the dust

And for a tiny moment, it all flashes
Then you open your eyes, it's all ashes
Nothing is warm anymore, everything’s cold
Just like me, memories are getting old

So no time neither strength to waste
To waste reminding others of my mere existence
I've tried to find you, but no trace
I have had said hello too many times without response

Go ahead call me childish for being honest
For wanting to preserve this friendship
The one we used to have and now can’t keep
Your choice not mine, to leave the friends nest

The next time you’ll hear my voice, it’ll echo
I’ll be far away, waving a cold goodbye
All these attitudes may hurt my ego
But won't stop me from spreading my wings and fly.

Sem comentários: